The reason you need the best builder is that luxury custom homes are just that – luxurious and customized. They are constructed to your taste, they are unique. For instance, you might be looking for a home that can house you comfortably even as you age. You might also be interested in making certain features of the home adjustable so that you can change or adjust them with time. Most builders struggle with such demands yet none usually admits this when asked.
This is why you need to pick only highly experienced builders with unquestionable qualities. Ask if they have worked on similar projects before and if you can see pictures. You can even ask to speak with some of their past clients. Only after you’ve verified their expertise should you give them the job.
- Quality assurance: You should only consider the best builders for quality assurance. As with other jobs, building contractors can make mistakes. The difference is that quality builders often back their work with long-term warranties. If the window comes off within a specific period of time, say 10 years, the builder can offer to fix it for free.
- Observe local building codes: Quality builders observe local building codes. This is extremely important. If your home is found to have been built in violation of your local building codes, you face serious legal penalties and may even have the home demolished by local authorities.
Why you need quality building materials
Quality building materials are necessary for obvious reasons – class and longevity. Homes that are built using high quality materials typically ooze class and tend to last longer. The building bricks used and even the cement used, for example, are often of varying qualities. If you use inferior quality cement, the lifespan of your home is automatically shortened. Choosing quality blocks and cement will give you a beautiful yet strong home that you can be proud of for many years.
- Quality materials are energy efficient: A growing number of homeowners are taking greater interest in energy efficiency and for good reason. Being energy efficient is a way of protecting the environment while the same time saving on long-term costs. High quality building materials can be a great place to start your energy-efficiency campaign.
- Quality wood prevents pest infestation: The wood used in your doors and framing will determine how effectively you can keep pests at bay. Using properly treated wood products can prevent mold, fungus and wood ingesting pests. In addition to increasing the lifespan of your home, this will also improve the health of your family and visitors.
- Quality roofs increase the home’s value: If you’re hoping to sell the home in the future, the roof is one place you need to invest a little more money. Why… because almost every buyer thoroughly inspects a building’s roof before buying. It means that if the roof is constructed using premium products, you can demand more when selling.
Get Quality from Empire
Empire Custom Builders has been building quality luxury custom homes in central Florida for decades using only high quality products. Contact us today at 386-734-5238 to speak to one of our pros.